• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-1000 help. TX bad?

W4AWI

Feb 18, 2018
CQ and thanks for your help. Its my first post. Im in charge of selling a large pile of old ham gear (an estate sale). There is an FT-1000 which looks great and RX is great. However I cannot get power to TX. I dont have the mic so I cant do a whistle test. I put it on CW and press MOX, Yesterday I saw maybe 25 W and today nothing. The tuner off or on, and into a near 50 Ohm load (antenna).
is this Tx dead or did I miss something? I have never had a Yaesu after the FT-101 series, (Icom ever since)

Depends on which version...there have been like 5...menu driven...power is adjusted via menu and sometimes a secondary front panel control...check version and specific manual for that model.
All the Best
Gary

He said it was an Ft 1000.

no D, mark V, MP, Field, ect

I bet it will show output power in the Am and/or Fm mode

ft1000web_.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.