• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-101 Tube Question...

C

chilinvilin

I just got this Yaesu 101 with the YC-601 frequency counter. The thing lights up and receives real well but the guy I got it from says the tubes need to be replaced so I haven't transmitted on it.

I pulled the tubes out and the two final tubes (Labelled 6JS6A Toshiba) have what looks like some glass rattling around inside them. The driver tube (Labelled 12BY7A) seems fine.

Question is where can I get these tubes?

After replacing them what will be the output wattage of this unit?

Thanks in advance....

L8ter,

JP

</p>

WOW thanks Charger.... more then I hoped for. LOL

This will keep me busy for a while tonight.

Cant wait to get this rig on the air. The thing is in mint condition and begging me to transmit on it!

Thanks again,

John Phelps

</p>

Anytime my friend.

Good Luck

charger400.gif
</p>

Hello Chillinvilin,

Most of the 101`s have 6js6c`s, the 6js6a is a older version of the tube. Your Toshiba tubes are Japan Made, if you want to use USA made tubes, you have to change C-125 from 100 Pf at 1000 VDC Mica cap, to a 10 pf 1000 VDC Mica cap. Then go ahead and neutralize the tubes as per the Manual.

I have seen new US tubes go into oscillation and destroy the tubes if the cap was not changed, and the tubes neutralized.

Here is a page with lots of good info on it

www.qsl.net/nw2m/

It includes the tune up and the info about the whole 101 series of radio`s... a must read for anyone who has a 101.

also a Instruction manual from RF parts with Schematic Diagrams is good to have too.

I have found both Japan and US NOS tube on E-bay from time to time as well and if you can`t find any 6js6c`, you can use 6lb6 tubes if the cap has been changed.

I love My 101`s!!!

Have fun

Jeff

CDX 339
West Coast Operator
audioshockwavesig.gif
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/uaudioshockwav.showPublicProfile?language=EN>AudioShockwav</A> at: 3/22/02 7:17:46 am

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.