• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FT-2000 11 meter modification.

Jan 12, 2010
I am a new HAM, I just bought a Yaesu FT-2000.
I am wondering if this radio can be modified to
transmit on the CB channels. I understand that
I should use only 4 watts. My problem is I miss
my many friends on the CB.

Is this modification possible? Where can I find
instructions. Old friends are hard to walk away
from, and I have room for only one radio.
:unsure:

Modificacion FT-2000

I am a new HAM, I just bought a Yaesu FT-2000.
I am wondering if this radio can be modified to
transmit on the CB channels. I understand that
I should use only 4 watts. My problem is I miss
my many friends on the CB.

Is this modification possible? Where can I find
instructions. Old friends are hard to walk away
from, and I have room for only one radio.
:unsure:
Hola a todos
Esta modificación consiste en ampliar la gama de frecuencias de la Yaesu FT-2000.
Rango de frecuencia RX / TX: 1.8-30MHz, 50-54MHz.
En primer lugar, Apague la mainswitch en la parte posterior y desconecte todos los cables del transmisor-receptor antes de empezar a modificar la radio ..
1. Gire el transmisor-receptor de cabeza, de modo que la parte inferior de encubrir será hacia arriba y el panel frontal hacia usted.
2. Desatornille la cubierta inferior. 3 tornillos grandes en cada lado de la radio, y algunos más pequeños en la parte inferior. (Ninguna necesidad de quitar los 4 pies)
3. Retire la tapa inferior, verá otra cubierta superior fijada con tornillos 15 .. Mire la imagen inferior

4. Desatornille la tapa en blanco con los 15 tornillos.
5. Cuando la tapa retirada, busque la sección de puente JP30XX una la parte delantera izquierda (rodeado de color amarillo) Véase la imagen de abajo

6. Localizar ubicación 04 de la soldadura este puente con sólo una gota de soldadura. Mire la imagen inferior

7. Volver a montar la radio, cuando se hace conectar todos los cables. Y a su vez en el mainswitch en la parte posterior.
8. Pulse la tecla [FAST] + [LOCK botones] al encender la radio, esto provocará una reconfiguración completa de la radio, pero se iniciará en la radio de banda ancha TX.
9. ¡Terminado! Ahora debería ser capaz de transmitir a través de la gama de frecuencias de 1,8-30MHz, 50-54MHz.
¡Buena ,Quisiera poder enviarte fotos de esta Modificacion ,a tu direccion de e-mail ,escribeme a esta hi8ees@gmail.com

Modificacion FT-2000

Hello to all This modification consists of extending the frequency range of Yaesu FT-2000. Rank of frequency RX/TX: 1.8-30MHz, 50-54MHz. First of all, It extinguishes mainswitch in the later part and disconnects all the cables of the transceiving one before beginning to modify the radio. 1. It turns the transceiving one of head, so that the part inferior to conceal will be upwards and the frontal panel towards you. 2. It unscrews the lower deck. 3 great screws in each side of the radio, and some smaller in the part inferior. (No necessity to clear the 4 feet) 3. It retires the cover inferior, will see another upper deck fixed with screws 15. It watches the image inferior 4. It unscrews the cover in target with the 15 screws. 5. When the retired cover, looks for the section of bridge JP30XX one the left front part (surrounded by yellow color) Sees the image of down 6. To locate to location 04 of the east weld bridge just by a drop of weld. It watches the image inferior 7. To return to mount the radio, when it is made connect all the cables. And as well in mainswitch in the later part. 8. [FAST presses the key] + [LOCK bellboys] when igniting the radio, this will bring about a complete reconfiguration of the radio, but it will begin in broadband radio TX. 9. Finished! Now it would have to be able to transmit through the frequency range of 1,8-30MHz, 50-54MHz. Good luck! my e-mail is hi8ees@gmail.com In order to be able enviarte fos of this modification escribeme to this email.

Are the any good settings for am? All I've tried sound really bad.

Are you seeing any deflection from the ALC meter on AM? A lot of radios will sound horrible on AM with ALC. Back the mic gain down until the ALC meter stops moving when you talk.

For most 100 watt rigs keep the carrier below 20 watts so there is enough headroom for modulation peaks. Use any settings your radios have to increase the bandwidth. If the rig has a built in eq and you sound muddy try cutting some 100hz tones. Don't cut everything below 100 because there are some desirable tones down there...it varies with testosterone levels though.

To get the sound from the video rabbi chop posted you're going to have to use some external audio gear. Pipe that audio gear into the data port on the back of the rig that you would use for digital modes, don't forget the isolation transformer. There may be some settings in the menu to change the mic input from the mic jack to the data port to make this work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated