• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350 GPS & Navi Review after Warranty Repair

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I hooked up the Yaesu FTM-350 in the car and took it for a drive to see if the NAVI feature works as promised after receiving the unit back from Yaesu's warranty repair center. In brief, the unit performed perfectly. I was very pleased with how easy it was to use, now that it's working properly. In fact, this radio would probably be really useful for people or groups that are into Geocaching.

Watch the video I made to see the FTM-350's NAVI feature in action. It also took me to a surprise destination. I figured out later where this was...see if you can, too! :tongue:

Yaesu FTM-350 GPS & Navi Review part 2 on Vimeo

Moleculo,

Any response from Yaesu as to the specific extent of what they are fixing on the rigs? Curious if they've identified other fixable things - beyond your Nav/APRS glitches.

You need to send a link of that video to Vertex, specifically to the tech that took your radio home with him as a test LOL (y):LOL::p

I would like to know what else they possibly fixed with the unit. I'm in no rush to send mine in yet if there are other bugs still being discovered. I'll wait awhile that way when I send it in; they can correct all the problems.

Bugs and features. Can we hope they realize how beneficial it would be to have better memory management? Banks and the option to share programming on both sides of the radio are what is holding me back.

It would also be nice if it had the ability to digipeat.

You need to send a link of that video to Vertex, specifically to the tech that took your radio home with him as a test LOL (y):LOL::p

I did email him with a link to the video after I figured out who it was :eek: I also asked some questions about what the issue was that they fixed, but I haven't received a response yet.

I purchased an FTM-350 from HRO last Monday and received it on Friday. The same day I read on this forum that HRO stop selling them. I called HRO and asked about the units and the salesman could not confirm the units were pulled, just said they were out of stock.

I called Vertex and talked to tech support. He said send it in for a firmware update to repair the APRS and Navi. He said he was not aware of any other issue.

At least I had the chance to look at it.:D

BTW,

Moleculo, thank you for your reviews of the FTM-350. They have been very informative.(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated