• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350 lock-up problems

The current theory is that using a memory/settings files from a pre-1.2 radio on a 1.2 radio is causing these lockups (when using RT Systems software).
My experience seems to support this theory. After I sent it off, I checked for SW updates for my RT Systems SW, and sure enough, there was an update to the FTM-350 SW.

I'm going to start with new files, export/import my channel data, and upload from the fresh file.

It has been on continously for four days with 144.390 on the right side and 449.350 on the left. Sometime last evening it locked up apparently while receiving a packet (the right side meter is pegged and indicates busy). I have changed very few settings on it since taking it out of the box and have not entered anything into memory channels. Here's a screen shot of the locked screen. I'll see if I can retrieve the packet info that locked it and post it here.

P1010721a.jpg

N0BED

I have the same problem. My radio locks up serveral times a day, requireing a complete removal of power (on/off doesn't fix it). It's very annoying. I have worked through the Yaesu repair facility and they have yet to come up with a solution.

When mine locks up, the meter is pegged to the busy condition.

There's a very interesting thread on the ftm-350 yahoo group about lockups on 1.2.

The current theory is that using a memory/settings files from a pre-1.2 radio on a 1.2 radio is causing these lockups (when using RT Systems software).

The latest post on this is here: Yahoo! Groups

Personally, I was lucky in that I was able to solve my problem via re-flash / reset-all to 1.1, then the same to 1.2. I also use FTB350 to program it, so I didn't run into the purported RT Systems programming problem.

I love this radio now that it's working!

That was the thinking when I was working my problem. But I reflashed, and manually programmed my radio, without ever using RT Systems. I still had the lockup. Now, I did previously use RT Systems so I suppose something could have remained from it's use. But a fresh reset, reflash, and completely manual programming I still got lockup.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.