1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350 now supports an external GPS

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by Moleculo, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Moleculo

Moleculo
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

In case anyone missed it, the Yaesu FTM-350 now supports the use of an external GPS via the COM port. You need to download the latest software from Yaesu's site which adds additional settings in the SET menu. The relevant setting is under the APRS/PKT menu, item E16 - COM PORT SETTINGS. Setting #3 - INPUT can now be set to GPS.

Additionally, there is a new setting #2 called OUTPUT that will allow you to use the COM port to output the GPS data.

2. archangel

archangel
    Expand Collapse
    N9VQ

AGW Tracker

Will the use of the comm port to send data to a laptop allow me to use AGW Tracker or similar tracking program with my FTM-350? I do Ecomm with my county EOC and we're just starting with APRS. Do you recommend another type of software?

Thanks

3. Moleculo

Moleculo
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I would think so. I'll have to download the AGW Tracker shareware and try it out. If you do it first, let us know what happens.

4. TonyV225

TonyV225
    Expand Collapse
    W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

I would like to try one of these!! What is the price on these or who has the better deals??

5. archangel

archangel
    Expand Collapse
    N9VQ

Yaesu FTM-350

I think there are deals being offered by Yaesu. I got mine from Ham Radio Outlet. Check around on prices, they vary.