• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350 now supports an external GPS

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
In case anyone missed it, the Yaesu FTM-350 now supports the use of an external GPS via the COM port. You need to download the latest software from Yaesu's site which adds additional settings in the SET menu. The relevant setting is under the APRS/PKT menu, item E16 - COM PORT SETTINGS. Setting #3 - INPUT can now be set to GPS.

Additionally, there is a new setting #2 called OUTPUT that will allow you to use the COM port to output the GPS data.

AGW Tracker

Will the use of the comm port to send data to a laptop allow me to use AGW Tracker or similar tracking program with my FTM-350? I do Ecomm with my county EOC and we're just starting with APRS. Do you recommend another type of software?

Thanks

Will the use of the comm port to send data to a laptop allow me to use AGW Tracker or similar tracking program with my FTM-350? I do Ecomm with my county EOC and we're just starting with APRS. Do you recommend another type of software?

Thanks

I would think so. I'll have to download the AGW Tracker shareware and try it out. If you do it first, let us know what happens.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated