• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu FTM-350r mod - first on the internet!

Thanks for the writeup! Worked on a shiny new 350AR, and wow was my heart beating with the thoughts of breaking it in the back of my mind... (I haven't SEEN a soldering iron since jr. high shop class, and let's just say we never touched anything even remotely as small as that resistor...)

Up and running after a quick download/re-upload of the config from the radio.

350AR Mod reprogramming.

I'm considering the 350 and described mod. Once modified, will the programming software allow you access to the extended tx freqs or do they have to be input directly into the radio? Same question for the vx8 dr. Thanks.

I'm considering the 350 and described mod. Once modified, will the programming software allow you access to the extended tx freqs or do they have to be input directly into the radio? Same question for the vx8 dr. Thanks.

Sorry, missed this question.

You can put the frequencies in using either software or direct entry on the radio. Same with the VX8

This is great info. Anyone know if this works on the FTM-350AR? I have ordered the AR and should be here by the end of the week. Just wanna make sure this is still relevant.

Appreciate everyones time and input.

Thanks

This is great info. Anyone know if this works on the FTM-350AR? I have ordered the AR and should be here by the end of the week. Just wanna make sure this is still relevant.

Appreciate everyones time and input.

Thanks

Yes. They're the same radio. The AR has the firmware updates from the factory and a different mounting bracket.

I just picked up an FTM 350 AR. Any way you could detail how you did it since it's differnet from the R??? Thanks

They're the same radio internally. The firmware on the AR is updated (you can update the R version to the same firmware) and the AR comes with a different bracket. The mod is the same.

I wish I could agree but there is a big difference from the the initial post. I am trying to find like components but.....If I take a picture, you want to look? I will anyway.

what is the little switch inside on the front left corner? ....

its switched to normal but if you flip it it says prG on the circuit board... here comes a photo....:

Last edited:
2012-04-27_20-44-10_922.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.