• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu or Hy-Gain Rotor

KA5ROW

Aug 15, 2008
Poteau, Oklahoma
www.ka5row.com
I presently have the Yaesu G-800 SA to turn a Mosley CL-33 and a Cushcraft A3WS for a total Wind load of 10.1 SQ ft or if I go by the K factor 996 ft lbs for the two antennas. If you look at the end of the boom I have about a 3 ft swing from one side to the other in a 30 mph wind. That seems to be a little to much but so far it's ok. The antennas have never moved out of position.. You can see a photo of the antennas on my web page.

So which is the stronger rotor?

ka5row.com

Hy-Gain makes a lot of rotors. Which one were you wanting to compare with the Yaesu you already have?

Yaesu's repair arrangements for their rotors would make me a little uneasy about using one. Hy-Gain, on the other hand, is covered by two or three independent rebuilders here stateside.

I've heard mostly negative comments about Yaesu rotor repair. One or two guys seem to have had good results, but far more seem to have been unable to get service on them.

Hy-Gain makes a lot of rotors. Which one were you wanting to compare with the Yaesu you already have?

Yaesu's repair arrangements for their rotors would make me a little uneasy about using one. Hy-Gain, on the other hand, is covered by two or three independent rebuilders here stateside.

I've heard mostly negative comments about Yaesu rotor repair. One or two guys seem to have had good results, but far more seem to have been unable to get service on them.

Yaesu G 800 SA as to the Ham IV

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated