• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

YAESU VX-7R TECH QUESTION

darticus

Oct 17, 2011
YAESU VX-7R TECH QUESTION
I Noticed that on my main channels I have programed in 1-36 but on my sub channels I'm missing some of these channels like 3 and 12 of the 36. The channel numbers are missing. It goes from 2 to 4 etc. Yaesu says masking page 50 in the manual might be the answer but it doesn't seem to correct the missing channels numbers. Seems like if it was masked it would be masked on main channels also. Anyone able to help me. I don't want to reprogram the radio from scratch. Thanks Ron

Channels 3, and 12 must be programmed with frequencies well outside of the normal ham bands and can only be heard on the main VFO, not the sub VFO. Only the main VFO is connected to the general coverage receiver that can receive bands like 800 Mhz. or below 50 Mhz. The sub VFO has limited band coverage.

Reactions: Jphill484
Is th
Channels 3, and 12 must be programmed with frequencies well outside of the normal ham bands and can only be heard on the main VFO, not the sub VFO. Only the main VFO is connected to the general coverage receiver that can receive bands like 800 Mhz. or below 50 Mhz. The sub VFO has limited band coverage.

any one can help how to modify the Sub VFO as same as Main VFO , so the Sub Band can receive general coverage freq like the Main Band .

Many Thanks
Tommy GW.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?