1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Yaesu VX8DR APRS Issue

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by podnumber1, Dec 16, 2013.

1. podnumber1

podnumber1
    Expand Collapse

Hello all. Thank you for a great forum with many supportive members! Although technically not new to ham radio, I recently bought this nifty little HT, but am unable to get out an aprs message. Initially when I got the radio and set it up, I managed to see myself in the stations list, and that was the last time. Forgot to mention I have the gps unit and mic attachment. The antenna is a Diamond SRH77A. I have since reset it and re-entered all my info, kept the digipath as suggested in the manual and nada! Been at it a week now and driving me nuts. The local aprs frequency is 144.800 and I have a negative offset of .600mhz as I understand it should be. I am receiving other call signs but no sign of my own. Please help someone!
    Mark

2. Once Bitten

Once Bitten
    Expand Collapse

APRS frequency should be simplex with no offset.

3. podnumber1

podnumber1
    Expand Collapse

Thank you Once Bitten

Of course it should be simplex:blushing::blush:::headbang:headbang Ok Ive now managed to receive a message to myself (y) but still no sign of me on aprs.fi
    Have changed all settings on aprs menu and lets see if I show up on the net anytime soon.

Thanks again for pointing out my stupidity!

4. KF5UFA

KF5UFA
    Expand Collapse
    W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Trying to program my VX-8DR makes me feel like a retard. I'm glad I bought that software.