• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Your Favorite Radio Tech

Brett Dean

May 28, 2015
So, I was going to ship my radio (G.DX95T) to Bells and have them give it a good once over, and a good ol' peak, tune and align...and maybe a new bezel and faceplate (I have these).

Bells site says "Not Accepting Repairs"

I'm looking for an honest and trustworthy tech, not your brother in-laws uncles sisters friend.

So, if you were to ship your radio to someone, who would it be?

Last edited:

Second for Dave at DTB radio in PA ....
CarToon Man

So I looked into DTB, I have a 11 mod on my radio, so will he clip it? I believe that's the only mod. The radio does dead key at 50 or so, and push 200.

Any issues with DTB looking at my radio?

Hands down! Mike of

mikesradiorepair@gmail.com

He used to do repairs using an ebay sellers store. He stopped dealing on eBay because he simply couldn't handle all the requested repairs.

You can still look him up on eBay an.see his 14.000 repairs modifications and sales with 100% feedback. There's a reason for his feedback with 14.000 satisfied customer's

Imo he's the best over all tec. Vhf, hf's, uhf, tube transmitters , transceivers, amplifiers vintage sw recivers and part bins that would've made rci, Panasonic, heath kit, ef Johnson collins Ameritron and any company past and present envious.

His turn around time no matter a single repair or total rebuilds normally 24 -48 hours. His knowledge is incredible and I suspect he may be a savant.

He's in p.a. and if you or anyone would like to ask him any question in order to try and trip him up. Good luck he welcomes that. Once you use him for your first repair or restoration. He'll be your go to tec from then on.

His prices are fair and as I mentioned earlier his turn around time is unbeatable. His work hours are from the first cup of coffee untill 3am not because he has to but because he actually loves what he does. Just contact him at the adress I left above and tell him what you want done and what it needs to be done to and just listen without interrupting and you'll quickly understand what he's about.

His knowledge is through the stratosphere. I don't get any discounts for recommending him as you won't either. The satisfaction of turning on a fellow operator to a top notch tec is my satisfaction. I myself asked sevral times as an new member of this site (about a year ago).if there was a tec who could work on my tube rigs and most answered with "most tec's just won't touch tube equipment." Well he has no limits. Tube transistorized new or old. He's the man. Drop him sn email and get ready to converse with a true tec. Mike's not a golden screwdriver. Good luck no matter who you go with. Oh and he has no problem giving you technical advice even if your not a customer. Here's a few pictuesof his bench and a few of the audio eqitment he uses on his own starion.
So, I was going to ship my radio (G.DX95T) to Bells and have them give it a good once over, and a good ol' peak, tune and align...and maybe a new bezel and faceplate (I have these).

Bells site says "Not Accepting Repairs"

I'm looking for an honest and trustworthy tech, not your brother in-laws uncles sisters friend.

So, if you were to ship your radio to someone, who would it be?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 289b8fe9-db8b-4224-b82b-d64112f76093.jpg
    289b8fe9-db8b-4224-b82b-d64112f76093.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 64b0be19-285c-49ce-9c85-4cfd0015092d.jpg
    64b0be19-285c-49ce-9c85-4cfd0015092d.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 37
  • imagejpeg_3.jpg
    imagejpeg_3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 37
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
[QUBrett Dean, post: 524815, member: 44938"]So I looked into DTB, I have a 11 mod on my radio, so will he clip it? I believe that's the only mod. The radio does dead key at 50 or so, and push 200.

Any issues with DTB looking at my radio?[/QUOTE]
He doesn't have much of a power supply to run that rig while tuning, so any voltage drop will ruin the tune. He does a great job on Cobra 29 's though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated