• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

142GTL/FINALS ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
audio is good on the meters on AM but no indacation of audio on SSB ....there is no transmit or receive on the radio and no indacation of power out ,IM guessing finals here ? The radio is very clean ,I can pretty much tell that nobody has been in it ,no burrs whatsoever on the screws or wax pots, maybe IM getting ahead of myself here ? suppose I should change the 1969 and the 2166 and see ? thanks SK

Do you have any volts (+8.0 to +12.0) on the collector of the driver and final transistors during transmit?

thank you Paws .....I think you may have just saved me some time ,YES ,they both read about 12 volts off the collectors when keyed ....Voltage regulators maybe ? thanks again for the help . Switch Kit

Alrighty then , that really doesn't help me much ,but thanks for pointing that out to me. Do know this much ,voltage regulator (switching) is good as well ,unless it's the 8 legged one ? MB3756 ....think those were the numbers , It's all good ....I have fun trying to figure it out ,and if I do ? I get to learn something and if I don't , I have lots of good parts for the next time around . Thanks for all your words of wisdom there JD.

What test gear do you have there, I can suggest some things to check out to try an figure out which part of the radio is working, and is not working.

not to much in test gear Scott ,so I suppose that doesn't help me much ? I have a lot of fun with this stuff ,alot is poke and hope on my part , I can do this and that and I understand a little , easy fixes tend to be just what they are weather I understand the theroy of relativity or not ? I have many books and the help of the Internet and sites like these and your's of course, The radio is now on the shelf for another day but thank you very much for your reply all the same. It's a hobby that I tend to enjoy more so then not . There has been many times that others have keyed up in the past on these sites and basically steered me in the right directions on fixes of many kinds and at the same time I got to learn something along the way. thanks again SK

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.