• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

2000gtl(taiwan)unwanted talkback???

S

slim cdx285

my 2000gtl just started having talkback and it was never

there before.never been installed since i had it(12 yrs).

anyone got an idea where/what to look for? the most common part failure that may cause this? everything else is fine,so i'm at a loss.

thanks.Slim CDX285

slimsig.gif
</p>

my 2000gtl just started having talkback and it was never

there before.never been installed since i had it(12 yrs).

anyone got an idea where/what to look for? the most common part failure that may cause this? everything else is fine,so i'm at a loss.

thanks.Slim CDX285

slimsig.gif
</p>

Wow, haven't seen that problem in years. Seems to me it was a disc capacitor on the headphone socket, maybe? Maybe on one of the speaker sockets.

Unplug the mike and speakers. If any of the small disc caps that are mounted on those jacks show continuity they should be changed.

Another common problem is a speaker jack that comes loose and touches the rim of the hole in the panel. All the speaker and headphone jacks are mounted on plastic "shoulder" washers that insulate the jack's metal bushing from the radio's chassis. A short there can do this, too.

M3D.jpg
</p>

Wow, haven't seen that problem in years. Seems to me it was a disc capacitor on the headphone socket, maybe? Maybe on one of the speaker sockets.

Unplug the mike and speakers. If any of the small disc caps that are mounted on those jacks show continuity they should be changed.

Another common problem is a speaker jack that comes loose and touches the rim of the hole in the panel. All the speaker and headphone jacks are mounted on plastic "shoulder" washers that insulate the jack's metal bushing from the radio's chassis. A short there can do this, too.

M3D.jpg
</p>

OK,Thanks Nomad. I'll give it a try. It's a place to start.I'll keep ya posted on results.

Thanks.Slim CDX285

slimsig.gif
</p>

OK,Thanks Nomad. I'll give it a try. It's a place to start.I'll keep ya posted on results.

Thanks.Slim CDX285

slimsig.gif
</p>

Yep its posible there is a short between the gound of the external speaker jack and the PA jack. This is one way you add talk back but you use a resistor to controll the volume.

I know there was a a diode or simular back by the transformer in mobiles that could be cut to make this happen so maybe theres a bad resitor or diode problem that is happening just a thought.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.