• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

2SC2990

datsun66

Apr 10, 2005
Lewistown, Montana
I was wondering if there is a better transistor that the 2SC2990?

I was looking to upgrade a 2970dx.

sigimage.jpg
</p>

2290?

i would say you are wasting your time.. any mods to get a few more watts would never be noticed..

money probably better spent on a small amplifier..

</p>

2290?

i would say you are wasting your time.. any mods to get a few more watts would never be noticed..

money probably better spent on a small amplifier..

</p>

Here...let's try this, simple and to the point, cut and copied from a web site, so I wouldn't go crazy adding 1000's of words of my own:

Decibal is the unit used to express relative differences in signal strength. It is expressed as the base 10 logarithm of the ratio of the powers of two signals:

dB = 10 log (P1/P2)

Signal amplitude can also be expressed in dB. Since power is proportional to the square of a signal's amplitude (e.g., a power ratio of 100 is equivalent to an amplitude ratio of 10), dB is expressed as follows:

dB = 20 log (A1/A2)

Logarithms are useful as the unit of measurement because (1) signal power tends to span several orders of magnitude and (2) signal attenuation losses and gains can be expressed in terms of subtraction and addition.

For example, suppose that a signal passes through two channel segments is first attenuated in the ratio of 20 to 1 on the first leg and 7 to 1 on the second. The total signal degradation is in the ratio of 140 to 1. Expressed in dB, this becomes 13.01 (10 log 20) + 8.45 (10 log 7) = 21.46 dB.

The following table helps to indicate the order of magnitude associated with dB:

1 dB attenuation means that 0.79 of the input power survives

3 dB attenuation means that 0.50 of the input power survives

10 dB attenuation means that 0.1 of the input power survives

20 dB attenuation means that 0.01 of the input power survives

30 dB attenuation means that 0.001 of the input power survives

40 dB attenuation means that 0.0001 of the input power survives

Click Here To Go To FG Best Communications

lookearth452034.gif

A word to the wise is not necessary; it’s the stupid ones that need the advice. - Anonymous</p>

Here...let's try this, simple and to the point, cut and copied from a web site, so I wouldn't go crazy adding 1000's of words of my own:

Decibal is the unit used to express relative differences in signal strength. It is expressed as the base 10 logarithm of the ratio of the powers of two signals:

dB = 10 log (P1/P2)

Signal amplitude can also be expressed in dB. Since power is proportional to the square of a signal's amplitude (e.g., a power ratio of 100 is equivalent to an amplitude ratio of 10), dB is expressed as follows:

dB = 20 log (A1/A2)

Logarithms are useful as the unit of measurement because (1) signal power tends to span several orders of magnitude and (2) signal attenuation losses and gains can be expressed in terms of subtraction and addition.

For example, suppose that a signal passes through two channel segments is first attenuated in the ratio of 20 to 1 on the first leg and 7 to 1 on the second. The total signal degradation is in the ratio of 140 to 1. Expressed in dB, this becomes 13.01 (10 log 20) + 8.45 (10 log 7) = 21.46 dB.

The following table helps to indicate the order of magnitude associated with dB:

1 dB attenuation means that 0.79 of the input power survives

3 dB attenuation means that 0.50 of the input power survives

10 dB attenuation means that 0.1 of the input power survives

20 dB attenuation means that 0.01 of the input power survives

30 dB attenuation means that 0.001 of the input power survives

40 dB attenuation means that 0.0001 of the input power survives

Click Here To Go To FG Best Communications

lookearth452034.gif

A word to the wise is not necessary; it’s the stupid ones that need the advice. - Anonymous</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.