• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

300 DXCC confirmed. Finally

928bolo

Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2008
www.nb3r.com
A52CI, Bhutan, confirmed to bring my total DXCC to 300. I was stuck at 290 for almost two years. Solar cycle 25 was a big help

Need 331 for Honor Roll. Doubt I’ll make that before I die. I’ll probably be around for Solar Cycle 26 but I doubt I’ll make 27.

IMG_0095.jpeg

Also,

Attached is a list of the DXCC that I'm missing. The current DXCC list of all entities is 340, so I have 40 more to work and confirm. A total of 331 is needed for Honor Roll and 340 for #1 Honor Roll. I was licensed in 2008 and didn't have an HF station capable of working DX untilI 2010. Eleven of the 40 I need have not been activated since I began chasing DX. Of course this is a trivial goal but I enjoy the chase all that goes with figuring out how I can work a rare station.

Working rare DX no longer requires long hours glued to the radio. Analyzing data from the worldwide spotting cluster network, Reverse Beacon Network (skimmers), and WSJT-X instances in real time reveals propagation openings, as well as the operating patterns of needed stations. With VOACAP I can reliably predict what band and time is best for me to work a particular station. So its not a matter if I can be heard. I just need the DXCC to be activated.

I think working 340 is unrealistic in my lifetime. Most of the entities I need will not be activated given current politics or government policies . Places like Syria, Pratas, and Scarborough remain not just politically difficult, but actual war zones. Several of the arctic and pacific islands are off limits to any attempt to activate due to the pretense of protecting a bird from flying into an antenna or disturbing a penguin or seal.

So to sum it up........If I die before #1 Honor Roll, and I am only missing something that is not activate-able, I have nothing to regret. What more could I do?

DXCC needed.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m