• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

4 ELEMENT DELTA LOOP WAS DELIVERED

G-Golly Wally

WDX 719 SE Oklahoma
Nov 5, 2008
Southeastern Oklahoma
I thought I would put this here so as not to intrude on another thread that was actually started for another topic. My delta loop antenna arrived two day's before I got home and no my wife didn't sell it before I got back. Just got in this AM so I haven't unpacked and checked it out yet. But Ive been researching rotors and the cost of cement and other necessities for the tower and antenna setup, boy o boy this isn't a cheap hobby! I'm going to have more money tied up in this project than I expected, especially with today's prices. My theory is spend the money once and hopefully I'll only have to do this once, baring any catastrophic events. I could go the second hand route on rotors but that seems to seldom work with anything I've got second hand and end up spending more money than if I'd have just bought brand new. I need to make payments on something anyway, since I haven't been my credit score is slow declining. So I'm probably going to see about a loan, buy what I feel is the best for my project and just make payments. So now I need to dig the hole for the concrete base for my tower, some TLC for my tower. Rotor, rotor controller, wiring and coaxial cable for about a 100 ft run or a little better and the concrete. Seen a picture on here somewhere with an I beam in the concrete base with an attached winch to raise and lower the tower, I like that idea. I have a 40ft freestanding tower but with the weight of the antenna the rotor plus the mast pipe which I also need and living in a windy state like Oklahoma Im thinking I should probably guy it just for some extra piece of mind. I'll take pictures as I go along and post them for anyone who might be interested. Right now I'm just glad to get to sleep in my own bed for a change. 73s and hope everyone is doing well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.