• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Adding more ground elements to a ground plane

nfsus

Yeah its turned off, touch it
May 9, 2011
Arkansas
If you took a ground plane such as a clr2 that has 3 ground radials and strung bare thin copper wire between them spaced out say every 5 inches,making a web what would that do? Would it increase preformance at all?

Reactions: ShadowDelaware

based on how much ground radials are pounded into us i would have assumed that there would be a continuing gain to them. interesting thanks

I guess I never considered the difference between the radials below a ground plane and a ground radial system

I see he talks about a metal roof. Since my ground plane is stuck at the moment pointing at the ground on top of the tower, it has me thinking about things like lower is better. Hahaha.

But seriously I have a peaked metal roof that with a small mast I could hit a wavelength easy enough. I wonder what, if any performance difference I’d see mounted over the metal roof vs 60ft to the bottom of my .64 using its 4 built on ground radials.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.