• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

AM delay on a 1 X 455 ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
I have a slight problem with a 1 X 455 ,the relay seems to take a slight bit longer to open up after unkeying ? I remember having a simlar problem years ago with a small Galaxy 225 amp but I can't remember what the fix was or what part it was that I needed to change ? ....any help would surely be appreciated . Thanks Switch Kit
im0009752sc.jpg

I would say the value of the electrolytic cap (black) next to the TX/RX relay would control the hang time on the relay, , Reducing the value or removing it should allow it to close faster.

Jeff

thanks much A-Shock !! would that be the big one in front of the relay on the left hand side of the pic ? or the little one right next to the relay on the right hand side of the pic ? thanks again A-Shock. SK

Definitely the black electrolytic cap between the two relays. Don't just pull it. A 10 uF to 22 uF cap in its place will prevent "chatter" in the relays from a radio with too much modulation.

We use a 4.7 uf across the keying transistor in all the Texas Star amps that come through here. Prevents the "mysterious shorted keying transistor" syndrome when they're used with "full sandpaper" audio from non-CB type radios. Made it a mandatory preventive measure no matter what repair it was brought in to have done.

Alrighty then !! thanks alot guys !! that surely took care of the problem. Truly appreciated the help here gentleman , I hope in the future if somebody should get one of these units that this thread will help them as well . Switch Kit

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m