• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Any Idea Why Icom Not Properly Accessing "Wouxun DCS Codes" ?

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Hi guys, In my area we have a Group-Owned Linked GMRS Repeater network that covers a huge area. Some of the machines use PL tones while a few use the so-called "Wouxun" CTS tones that read like D023N - which is Code #1 on the list. The repeater nearest me is one that uses these stated tones. I have a China HT whose CTS tones are in the menu like this and it keys the repeater just fine .... I'm not far away from it. Now my Icom 2730A dual band mobile has only the plain numbers for its CTs and it says only 023 (for code 1) without the letters. It does have 4 options for modifying the "polarity" of the CTS codes and I have tried every one of them and still the Icom will not activate the repeater. Any idea what is going on here or what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Hi guys, In my area we have a Group-Owned Linked GMRS Repeater network that covers a huge area. Some of the machines use PL tones while a few use the so-called "Wouxun" CTS tones that read like D023N - which is Code #1 on the list. The repeater nearest me is one that uses these stated tones. I have a China HT whose CTS tones are in the menu like this and it keys the repeater just fine .... I'm not far away from it. Now my Icom 2730A dual band mobile has only the plain numbers for its CTs and it says only 023 (for code 1) without the letters. It does have 4 options for modifying the "polarity" of the CTS codes and I have tried every one of them and still the Icom will not activate the repeater. Any idea what is going on here or what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
The "N" is a Negative or REVERSED DCS code. If the Icom does not support rev DCS, you are out of luck. If you are able to duplicate the code using the polarity modes, you want to look at the DCS deviation of the Icom. Can the radio decode?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.