• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

ANYONE ELSE QUESTION WHY YOU KEEP WATCHING A FAVORITE TEAM?

G-Golly Wally

WDX 719 SE Oklahoma
Nov 5, 2008
Southeastern Oklahoma
I was born and raised in Arkansas until I was 14yrs old, so I was fully indoctrinated with anything Arkansas athletics. I've been in Oklahoma over 40yrs and I'm still an Arkansas fan. But after watching the Hogs self destruct once again after dominating the first half only to come out after halftime and do everything possible to hand the game to Oklahoma State, and succeed to lose in double overtime. I question why do I keep watching this football program, when I know I'm almost guaranteed disappointment every football season. Anyone else a glutton for punishment besides me? SMH!!!! I'm gonna go mow the grass!!!!!

Reactions: codeman

I was born and raised in Arkansas until I was 14yrs old, so I was fully indoctrinated with anything Arkansas athletics. I've been in Oklahoma over 40yrs and I'm still an Arkansas fan. But after watching the Hogs self destruct once again after dominating the first half only to come out after halftime and do everything possible to hand the game to Oklahoma State, and succeed to lose in double overtime. I question why do I keep watching this football program, when I know I'm almost guaranteed disappointment every football season. Anyone else a glutton for punishment besides me? SMH!!!! I'm gonna go mow the grass!!!!!
The Eagles fans know what that's like...:ROFLMAO:

Steelers fan.. I feel your pain
I'm trying to get back into watching NFL football, have been trying to pull for the Steelers since I work very close to PA and my driller is a big Steelers Fan. Even bought me a hat last hitch. Well, at least I'm no stranger to disappointment.
20240907_200417.jpg

When I was a kid, I was a Steelers fan back in the Terry Bradshaw days, he was my hero. After he left, it wasn't the same, haven't really been into football since.
I was too, in this area I've lived all of my life you mainly get the Cowboys or the Chiefs. I wasn't a Rodger Staubach or a Tony Dorsett fan, so I liked the Steelers. Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swan, Franco Harris, Mean Joe Green, Dennis Winston and Rocky Bleier. I even had some Pittsburgh Steelers pajamas :ROFLMAO:
I didn't become a Cowboys fan until later, when they basically started over with Troy Aikman and Jimmy Johnson as head coach. Now I'm trying to become a Steelers fan again.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
When I was in elementary school I still think more kids had the Roger Staubach player shirt than Bradshaw and I grew up just south of Pittsburgh, PA. Eventually everything you love gets ruined lately. Just waiting for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders to field a lady that looks like Mario, from Nintendo, and calls herself Shirley.

Since professional sports teams went political I don't question why I DON'T watch them anymore.

They, like hollywood actors, Are there for are entertainment and escape from the daily grind and now that has been soured.

Without all of us they are nothing!

For those who still enjoy the games that is your choice and it's good to still have freedom of choice while we still have it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.