• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

AT-6666 PRO Update! Firmware + PC Alignment tool + PC Software

Pez

Apr 24, 2021
Australia
Hello all,

AnyTone will be adding a new a new radio firmware update V1.01, a new PC Alignment (service mode) software tool V1.02, and new PC Programming software V2.05 for the AT-6666 PRO, on their website soon.

This will all be available in a few days at https://www.anytone.net/download

PC Alignment (service mode) software tool V1.02

The AnyTone AT-6666 PRO PC Alignment (service mode) software tool for the AT-6666 PRO is designed for the professional radio market. This tool is intended for use by qualified radio service providers only, and requires the use of radio test equipment.

In addition to providing access to the AT-6666 PRO alignment parameters, the software also enables users to READ and SAVE the alignment settings of the radio, allowing for the restoration of original factory settings.

Please note that each radio has unique factory alignment settings. It is not
advised to transfer alignment files between different radios, as this will result
in incorrect calibrations. A complete alignment is necessary to ensure proper
operation.

To use the new PC Alignment (service mode) software tool, you should have
the latest firmware updates loaded into the AT-6666 PRO.
(V1.01 - QX6666P_H_V100_20240920 or newer is required.)

Firmware Update V1.01:

The new AT-6666 PRO firmware V1.01 contains the following improvements:

- Add MEMORY copy to VFO feature. (Press BAND while in MEM mode to copy the
frequency and settings to VFO (uF) mode).

- Stop the overwriting of saved MEMORY channels. (Changes to saved MEMORY
channels are temporary).

- Add TXCOLOR menu item. (Allows setting of a different LCD backlight color in TX
mode).

- Add SCAN to the PF.KEY selection list.

- Add CW.RX menu item. (Allows setting of CW-U (USB) and CW-L (LSB) modes).

- Add CW.BKIN menu item. (Allows setting of the CW break-in delay from 0-1000ms).

- Add CW.SHIF menu item. (Setting “ON” will shift/offset the RX frequency in CW mode to the value set in the CW.FREQ menu. This will set the CW RX tone and CW TX sidetone to the same frequency, automatically).

- Add support for the PC Alignment (service mode) software tool.

- Add Firmware Version menu item (VER.xxx).

PC Programming software V2.05

The AT-6666 PRO PC Programming software V2.05 update supports the new radio firmware V1.01.

Pez

Last edited:

Hello all,

AnyTone will be adding a new a new radio firmware update V1.01, a new PC Alignment (service mode) software tool V1.02, and new PC Programming software V2.05 for the AT-6666 PRO, on their website soon.

This will all be available in a few days at https://www.anytone.net/download

PC Alignment (service mode) software tool V1.02

The AnyTone AT-6666 PRO PC Alignment (service mode) software tool for the AT-6666 PRO is designed for the professional radio market. This tool is intended for use by qualified radio service providers only, and requires the use of radio test equipment.

In addition to providing access to the AT-6666 PRO alignment parameters, the software also enables users to READ and SAVE the alignment settings of the radio, allowing for the restoration of original factory settings.

Please note that each radio has unique factory alignment settings. It is not
advised to transfer alignment files between different radios, as this will result
in incorrect calibrations. A complete alignment is necessary to ensure proper
operation.

To use the new PC Alignment (service mode) software tool, you should have
the latest firmware updates loaded into the AT-6666 PRO.
(V1.01 - QX6666P_H_V100_20240920 or newer is required.)

Firmware Update V1.01:

The new AT-6666 PRO firmware V1.01 contains the following improvements:

- Add MEMORY copy to VFO feature. (Press BAND while in MEM mode to copy the
frequency and settings to VFO (uF) mode).

- Stop the overwriting of saved MEMORY channels. (Changes to saved MEMORY
channels are temporary).

- Add TXCOLOR menu item. (Allows setting of a different LCD backlight color in TX
mode).

- Add SCAN to the PF.KEY selection list.

- Add CW.RX menu item. (Allows setting of CW-U (USB) and CW-L (LSB) modes).

- Add CW.BKIN menu item. (Allows setting of the CW break-in delay from 0-1000ms).

- Add CW.SHIF menu item. (Setting “ON” will shift/offset the RX frequency in CW mode to the value set in the CW.FREQ menu. This will set the CW RX tone and CW TX sidetone to the same frequency, automatically).

- Add support for the PC Alignment (service mode) software tool.

- Add Firmware Version menu item (VER.xxx).

PC Programming software V2.05

The AT-6666 PRO PC Programming software V2.05 update supports the new radio firmware V1.01.

Pez
Any CW fixes?

The changelog doesn't tell he whole story. The fix that matters, is the T/R turnaround time. Settings are one thing, but does it work?
There is always going to be a CW TX key-up delay in this radio due to hardware limits, so if you are a very serious CW operator, you probably will never love it. (CW was added to the PRO as a bonus mode, it was not designed for it originally).

But for casual CW use, this update is a huge improvement with automatic offsets, break-in delays, and CW U/L modes that now work in the same way as the major ham manufacturers radios do. Also, this new CW firmware logic is going to be in all QX radios with CW going forward. It's very good news for the future, and is a big step from what was available before.

There is always going to be a CW TX key-up delay in this radio due to hardware limits, so if you are a very serious CW operator, you probably will never love it. (CW was added to the PRO as a bonus mode, it was not designed for it originally).

But for casual CW use, this update is a huge improvement with automatic offsets, break-in delays, and CW U/L modes that now work in the same way as the major ham manufacturers radios do. Also, this new CW firmware logic is going to be in all QX radios with CW going forward. It's very good news for the future, and is a big step from what was available before.

What is the difference, between a serious and casual CW operator? Either it works, or it doesn't....

What is the difference, between a serious and casual CW operator? Either it works, or it doesn't....
The difference is it might not work for you, because the T-R delay is a obviously important for the way you operate CW. It does work for me, because I send pretty slow and because of this I can work around a delay with no problem. But to each their own. Just get the new FW when it comes out and see it for yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: c64new
The difference is it might not work for you, because the T-R delay is a obviously important for the way you operate CW. It does work for me, because I send pretty slow and because of this I can work around a delay with no problem. But to each their own. Just get the new FW when it comes out and see it for yourself.
That is the plan. My call starts with a leading dit, which gets cut off by the slow TX/RX turnaround. I don't think that makes me serious vs casual. But speed may be an issue, but either way, the leading dit or dah will be cut off, either completely or partially., which is unacceptable to me, either on the sending or receiving end.

So, the short answer to my question is NO, they didn't fix it.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.