• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

ATU-100 Ext and Andrew CNT400

Naysayer

Solder Balls
Mar 6, 2020
New York
$45 delivered from AliExpress. This is the unit that comes with a battery. Sold complete but more like a pre-assembled kit. Item could power-up out of the box but no relay function at all from a broken wire. Every wire inside was made from stiff, plastic insulation with 'angel hair-thin' conductors. The wire breaks after minimal handling. Replaced with soft silicone stranded got it going again. Display readings inaccurate and the Bridge binocular looks like it too was wound with wire much thinner that the pictures I see online of ATU-100 Ext. Fortunately, there is a wealth of online material to guide tweaks and mods and repairs. Next mod is adding the Bypass and Auto Mode buttons that did not come with Item.

I'm replacing coax (80' of ancient RG-8). The CNT400 cable is reportedly "LMR400 type". When delivery guy handed me the box my first thought was 'it must be a mistake'. The weight is so low for a roll of coax I took out my tape measure. Guess I've been living in the past. Copper-clad aluminum.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.