• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

back up camera install Long Shot

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
Years ago I bought a Pyle Commercial grade PLCMTR71 Back up camera system to install in my blind Astro van. Needless to say it set on the shelf in the box never to be installed so I dug it out to install it in my Ford Expedition and made a mount for one of my cup holders. Then got thinking I better try it out to test it and learn more about it before I do any butchering for installation. Well I hooked it up to a battery today with supplied parts following their minimal instructions and got it to turn on and went thru their menu but can't seen to get the camera to produce a picture on the monitor. There is 1 yellow RCA jack that didn't get used because there was no wire to hook to it or a place to plug it in. I found a phone # on line which I'll call tomorrow if I have to. But though about all the smart cookies in here and figured I'd Tap a resource. Anyone ever install this beast before ?

Thanks in advance and I did just think of running a separate ground wire from the camera mount to the battery !

Attachments

• PLCMTR71 - Manuals.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 92

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m