• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

bought a like new rs pro 163 and...

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
20240513_151805.jpg
20240519_192223.jpg
20240513_151805.jpg

made a trade ,the guy was short so he said he was sending me a scanner too.it was the roughest nasty item to date ive got. however after30 minutes of cleaning then seeing rusted battery compartment i worked that over.
put in 3 batterys in n she lit up. got both programmed n both are on same antenna. so far the uniden captures the signal first. and real good am fm too.uniden bc 345crs is better than i figured

View attachment 68881View attachment 68882View attachment 68881
made a trade ,the guy was short so he said he was sending me a scanner too.it was the roughest nasty item to date ive got. however after30 minutes of cleaning then seeing rusted battery compartment i worked that over.
put in 3 batterys in n she lit up. got both programmed n both are on same antenna. so far the uniden captures the signal first. and real good am fm too.uniden bc 345crs is better than i figured
I love Radio shack scanners, have a handheld Pro 651 and the base version Pro 652, and also a Uniden 536 HP, as my County has a digital trunking Motorola phase 1 public safety system for all of Emergency services,etc.........looking good!!!!

Reactions: Rwb
Sounds like that deal went pretty good for you.
I'm a little bit behind on scanner is mine is the digital 200 Channel desktop Radio Shack.
I can get some EMS but everything else to the trunking or whatever systems they use.

Sounds like that deal went pretty good for you.
I'm a little bit behind on scanner is mine is the digital 200 Channel desktop Radio Shack.
I can get some EMS but everything else to the trunking or whatever systems they use.
get on open scan set for 155.000 to 157.000 n moniter
42.000 42.100 and 42.120 are active in my area n we are what 75 miles apart? in few days im rewriting my frequincy page .try to send you a copy you can try

Reactions: Keto
get on open scan set for 155.000 to 157.000 n moniter
42.000 42.100 and 42.120 are active in my area n we are what 75 miles apart? in few days im rewriting my frequincy page .try to send you a copy you can try
I hadn't seen how to do a scan like that. You mean I should be able to set the high and low freq and it will scan all of the I between?

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m