• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Cobra 2000 GTL Issue

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone, I've got a 5 pin Cobra 2000 GTL that I'm having an issue with . I haven't used it in awhile , so I pulled it out , and wired my D104 Silver Eagle up to it ... and first of all, it's receiving whether I have the mic hooked up to it or not . And second , in order to hear the CB , I have to have the "PA/CB" switch in the "PA" position . If I switch it to the "CB" position , it acts like it's in the "PA" position ... nothing is heard . Remember , this is a 5 pin , I shouldn't be hearing anything without my mic plugged into it .

So does anyone know what's going on with this radio ? It's never done this before , it worked fine the last time I used it .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m