• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

cobra 29nwt in 03 jeep tj

B

bbulldog_11

i have had this brand new cb since christmass and was wondering if anybody can give me any tuning tips on how to get the radio to have a 1:1 swr because its sitting at about 3:1 right now and it sounds like shit!

thanks
JAY

if it sounds that bad, its more than likely the fact what you're hearing is the radio dying a slow death from the swrs.
Need a bit more info to be able to help much, where is radios power/ground coming from, where mounted, ant type?where mounted?where is coax run?

I have a 99 Jeep Wrangler with a couple radios in it. Can you give us some more info on how you installed the radio and the antenna?

For now all I can say is..don't talk on it with a 3.1 SWR!!!! Tell us more.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m