• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Final swap on Galaxy

J

JustinDePolis2

Just a thought, not trying to advertise or anything, but check out our web page, we do a nice 120 watt modification on alot of the galaxy radios... you can get to the pictures of it by going to or web page at:

www.fgbestcommunications.com/

Then clicking our work, then clicking on the last link there, the galaxy 100 watt modification. There are nice photos, and video feed comming soon that show what the radio is actually doing on a scope and Bird 43P watt meter.

</p>

Just a thought, not trying to advertise or anything, but check out our web page, we do a nice 120 watt modification on alot of the galaxy radios... you can get to the pictures of it by going to or web page at:

Then clicking our work, then clicking on the last link there, the galaxy 100 watt modification. There are nice photos, and video feed comming soon that show what the radio is actually doing on a scope and Bird 43P watt meter.

</p>

Well, I decided to upload all of the spec sheets to the URL (link) below. There are several reasons *NOT to upgrade to the 2SC688 or the 2SB817. I am curious if anyone on the forum, based on the spec sheets can look at them and come up with the reasons not to do it. It isn't meant at a "slam" at anyone, I'm just curious if we have some people out there that can come up with their own conclusions out there rather than just rely on information (and often incorrect information) that was given to them.

Here is the link to all of the spec sheets, below. It is graphics intense, so it will take a few moments to load if you are using dial-up, or anything other than broadband:

Comparison Of The 2SB754, 2SB688, and 2SB817 Spec Sheets

Click Here To Go To FG Best Communications

bot452026.gif
</p>

Well, I decided to upload all of the spec sheets to the URL (link) below. There are several reasons *NOT to upgrade to the 2SC688 or the 2SB817. I am curious if anyone on the forum, based on the spec sheets can look at them and come up with the reasons not to do it. It isn't meant at a "slam" at anyone, I'm just curious if we have some people out there that can come up with their own conclusions out there rather than just rely on information (and often incorrect information) that was given to them.

Here is the link to all of the spec sheets, below. It is graphics intense, so it will take a few moments to load if you are using dial-up, or anything other than broadband:

Comparison Of The 2SB754, 2SB688, and 2SB817 Spec Sheets

Click Here To Go To FG Best Communications

bot452026.gif
</p>

Re: Final swap on Galaxy....Can I get some help?

By the looks of what I saw in them photos. Probally be a good choice to send that thing over to FGBest and have them fix it up right. Just my opinion.

</p>

By the looks of what I saw in them photos. Probally be a good choice to send that thing over to FGBest and have them fix it up right. Just my opinion.

</p>

Can i use 2sc2527 finals on a galaxy 99 or 88? The original finals are rated at 18 watts and the 2sc2527's are rated at 60 watts.I would have to add a fan of course. Also i want to swap 2sb754 out for a 2sb817 modulation amp.The upgrade would give me 80 watts and 12 amps instead of 60 watts and 7 amps for my audio. anybody have any input?

jokersignature1.gif
</p>

Can i use 2sc2527 finals on a galaxy 99 or 88? The original finals are rated at 18 watts and the 2sc2527's are rated at 60 watts.I would have to add a fan of course. Also i want to swap 2sb754 out for a 2sb817 modulation amp.The upgrade would give me 80 watts and 12 amps instead of 60 watts and 7 amps for my audio. anybody have any input?

jokersignature1.gif
</p>

Galaxy 93T's use a single 2290.

</p>

Galaxy 93T's use a single 2290.

</p>

JustinDePolis2 said:

ok whats the mod it seems that the link is a dead link whats up with that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.