• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Galaxy 33hp2

Edgertont146

Mar 12, 2024
Got a Galaxy 33hp2 stuck on one frequency. change bands and channels but still transmits on one frequency. Any ideas?

Umm, is this frequency around 25 MHz?

Or is it higher than that? When a radio loses control of its frequency, this can suggest where to look first.

Has anyone been twisting the radio's adjustment slugs with his/her eyes closed? Years ago we would see a lot of radios that had been "adjusted" off the air, but not so much these days.

For that matter, has anyone tried (without success) to fix it? We find that every unsuccessful attempt at fixing a radio will introduce at least one new fault it didn't have before.

That little fact can have a LOT of importance.

it’s stuck on 27.495
Not sure if anyone tried messing around with it or not I bought it used. A-d bands it won’t key, e and f it will key that frequency and swing plenty of power. Selector switch isn’t bad

it’s stuck on 27.495
Not sure if anyone tried messing around with it or not I bought it used. A-d bands it won’t key, e and f it will key that frequency and swing plenty of power. Selector switch isn’t bad
The PLL is out of alignment somewhere. Or possibly the VCO frequency is off.
It sure sounds like it's had the golden screwdriver in it...........

Yes, sounds like PLL/VCO problems.
I had a few radios just like this.

to start:

at IC-5 pin-1 check for around 7.5 volts.

check the voltage at TP2 and measure if it changes
when going from CB ch 1 and jumping to ch 40.

check signal at TP3
Pin 1 on ic5 has 3.5v on band d, the rest of the bands have around 7.5. Voltage at tp2 channel 1 is 3.4v Channel 40 is 2.9v. Im guessing I have a faulty component causing the low voltage on band d

Ic7 was bad, replaced it now all bands have voltage. Next problem is I can’t get a frequency lower than 27.600 and the channel selector doesn’t change frequency when you roll through channels

Reactions: 999

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.