• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Galaxy DX 2517 Problem

Hello AK,
I've not worked on a 2517 before but I did look it up. I am assuming that it is a dual final radio as it is listed as 10 watts AM and 25 watts SSB. That being said, if the radio is doing 14 watts AM it sounds like the tansmit portion is working although maybe not like it was. The SSB side of things is repairable and could be worth fixing if the radio is in good shape otherwise. Because you stated that it's 14 watts on AM I am assuimg that it has been turned up which can be hard on radios. Does it receive on SSB and just not transmit or is SSB not working all together?

Hello AK,
I've not worked on a 2517 before but I did look it up. I am assuming that it is a dual final radio as it is listed as 10 watts AM and 25 watts SSB. That being said, if the radio is doing 14 watts AM it sounds like the tansmit portion is working although maybe not like it was. The SSB side of things is repairable and could be worth fixing if the radio is in good shape otherwise. Because you stated that it's 14 watts on AM I am assuimg that it has been turned up which can be hard on radios. Does it receive on SSB and just not transmit or is SSB not working all together?
It receives well in SSB and AM. No transmit on SSB. It does about 30-35W PEP when it was working. I will get it repaired if I can find a tech to do it, and get the two non functioning switches (SWR and R.B.) repaired at the same time. It is a dual final radio, not MOSFET.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.