• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Galaxy DX55V...Looking to set up and use for keydowns

Actually its not a "keydown" radio at all...
Use a Cobra 25,29 (older) With the Uniden Board.. or a Uniden 76,66XL... Then have Justin do the HP tune up on it...

AM POWER

Frank from 1 Stop says it's one of his favorite keydown radios.

It's just a single final radio, that all ready has a 2SC1969 final in it. How is it that much different from a Cobra or Uniden ?

Well you would be better off having a real tech work on the 68.
Talk to Justin about the 68. He is not into keydowns but I think he can make the radio do what you want. The galaxy 55 is an ok radio. But it is not even one of the better performing galaxy models.

Frank from 1 Stop says it's one of his favorite keydown radios.

How would frank know that when he does not even key in competition????
Frank from 1stop dosent know anything but to try to get into your pockets....
People that keydown use 40 channel non SSB radios...
Reason being id that they are narrow banded....and alot less harmonics...

Frank knows nothing....thats why he did not key at the Chicago Break last year....or 2 years from that 1 or anywhere else....

AM POWER

Thanks for info Adam. I was just relaying what Frank posted on his board. I don't know him, nor am I going to send my radio to him. He just was posting like he keys or something.

I was curious about the differences, but I do understand the bandwith deal. I know also that the 6 band radios are better than the 8 band radios..

I'll probebly run the Galaxy 55 for day to day due to the extra channels, but put in my trusty Uniden when I key.

Seend your Uniden radio to Justin...have himdo the 50w pep mods to it and have him put in var power as well...
Think hecharges $60.00 for it :)

AM POWER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.