• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Galaxy DX86V

lmingua

Jun 15, 2009
I have a DX86V that I purchased from Scott's Radio a few years ago, Scott enabled for 11 meter and tuned. I have been using as my base radio and honestly just don't like it. I rarely if ever use SSB and the receive is horrible, but have always gotten great audio reports on AM. Went back to an old Colt Midnight Special and am much happier, plus the receive is great.

This forum, although I rarely if ever post, has been very helpful to me and this is a way I can give a little back. If you want it, pay for actual shipping from 47025 and it's yours.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Also have a DX55 in my Freightliner that I dislike just as much, just not quite ready to move it out yet. I know I sound like a Galaxy hater, but really haven't been impressed. For my taste I have had much better radios as in Cobra 25, 29, Grants, etc.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.