• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Golden Eagle 750 " relay help"

Danzik

Oct 18, 2022
Hi guys I am wanting to replace a golden eagle 750 keying relay. This is the black box linear. The relay has part number ITT 4ZB-CR or possibly 35577. I have been unable to locate one with this part number and the other thing that is confusing me is it says it's 24 VAC ‍♂️ ? When I test the power that engages the relay in the linear I get around 17 VDC not AC so can someone enlighten me on what's going on here and a possible relay part number that would replace this old one ? Thanks

20240922_173624.jpg

A wider shot of the relay with some view of it's mounting and the surroundings might help. It looks for all the world like the Potter and Brumfield relay (TE Connectivity) we use for a variety of replacement jobs. Is it soldered into a printed circuit board?

That's what I meant about surroundings.

Got no joy trying to cross-ref the numbers on it.

The 24 Volt AC was a dodge to save a few bucks. A 12-Volt DC relay will work fine. The 17 Volts you measured will drop a few Volts when the relay coil draws current, and the keying transistor also subtracts about a Volt from the total that reaches the relay coil.

Using a relay rated for AC voltage roughly twice the DC voltage you'll use usually works for intermittent duty. It's not a good idea for a relay that's closed continuously for a long time.

I'll see if I have any pics of that model on file next time I'm at the shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danzik
A wider shot of the relay with some view of it's mounting and the surroundings might help. It looks for all the world like the Potter and Brumfield relay (TE Connectivity) we use for a variety of replacement jobs. Is it soldered into a printed circuit board?

That's what I meant about surroundings.

Got no joy trying to cross-ref the numbers on it.

The 24 Volt AC was a dodge to save a few bucks. A 12-Volt DC relay will work fine. The 17 Volts you measured will drop a few Volts when the relay coil draws current, and the keying transistor also subtracts about a Volt from the total that reaches the relay coil.

Using a relay rated for AC voltage roughly twice the DC voltage you'll use usually works for intermittent duty. It's not a good idea for a relay that's closed continuously for a long time.

I'll see if I have any pics of that model on file next time I'm at the shop.

Hi Nomad, yes it is soldered into the circuit board, however I think I want to install a socket into the board for ease of removal later so think I will use a relay with the flat pins instead. It is a 14 pin relay and I will get you a wider photo later today however not sure if that will help or not, I am installing this relay in a box that has a missing one the photo is from my other linear that has one in place and is working. Thank you !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.