• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Good entry level

Overtimeman

Apr 21, 2023
What do you fellow CB'ers think would be a good entry level SWR/watt meter? MJF 870 or the SX100? Both have about the same amount of negative reviews.Just wondering if any had experience with these.Thanks,Bounty Hunter

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

I don't like my Diawa 901, I'm either to stupid to use it or it doesn't work right? But I do like my old school PDC 700 Power Scanner, I have no problems using it. Don't think they make them anymore.
The 901 is very simple. The watt meter is self explanatory. Pick the scale needed. The SWR can only be used in Average mode and AM or FM. You read the line where the two needles intersect.

The 901 is very simple. The watt meter is self explanatory. Pick the scale needed. The SWR can only be used in Average mode and AM or FM. You read the line where the two needles intersect.
I've looked at that manual 6 way to Sunday, and all I could ever get to move was one of the needles. I've even watched some videos and can see both needles move and intersect giving an SWR reading. But when I try, only one of the needles move no matter what ive tried. It's pretty much just collects dust. I used my old Rat Shack SWR meter until I bought the PDC Power Scanner.

Reactions: Overtimeman
I've looked at that manual 6 way to Sunday, and all I could ever get to move was one of the needles. I've even watched some videos and can see both needles move and intersect giving an SWR reading. But when I try, only one of the needles move no matter what ive tried
There are only two possibilities if only one needle is moving...

1. Your SWR is perfect, in which case only the forward scale needle moves as there is no reflected power to measure.

2. Your meter is broken.

As Greg said above, it really is very simple to use.

There are only two possibilities if only one needle is moving...

1. Your SWR is perfect, in which case only the forward scale needle moves as there is no reflected power to measure.

2. Your meter is broken.

As Greg said above, it really is very simple to use.
I'm kinda leaning towards broken. With the Power Scanner and the old Rat Shack meter my SWR reading isn't flat but they aren't far from it. I guess I should hook it up to a completely different radio set up and see if there's a difference.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.