• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Happy Independence Day!

And for our members outside the US, happy Thursday.
Exactly. Just another work day in Canada. We had our day on July 1 (Canada Day). There were fireworks. Meh.

I will confess that I don't usually turn on the radio on the 4th; I get tired of everyone wishing me a happy 4th and having to explain that Canada is a different country and we don't celebrate it LOL!

You would be dumbfounded and amazed how many people in the U.S. think Canada is the 50th state.
Also, a great many Americans think BC is somewhere up near the North Pole and we have snow year-round (while the forests burn). Guess they don't teach geography down there in the states anymore !

Exactly. Just another work day in Canada. We had our day on July 1 (Canada Day). There were fireworks. Meh.

I will confess that I don't usually turn on the radio on the 4th; I get tired of everyone wishing me a happy 4th and having to explain that Canada is a different country and we don't celebrate it LOL!

You would be dumbfounded and amazed how many people in the U.S. think Canada is the 50th state.
Also, a great many Americans think BC is somewhere up near the North Pole and we have snow year-round (while the forests burn). Guess they don't teach geography down there in the states anymore !
That's like when I tell people that I am from Delaware. They say "What state is that in?".

When I was working in Montreal one year, my wife and I were able to enjoy the celebrations of the first in Canada, then flew home on the third and got to enjoy the celebrations on the fourth. Truly fond memories for sure.

Happy Fourth everyone!

After I get finished talking with some young people, I'm not so sure they're teaching them anything down here.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Length on matching stubs is critical...Length of rods is part of the overall antenna...Would appear antenna is too Long...same on Both Polarities or different?
  • @ Crawdad:
    Here's a thought: Could the length of the SS welding rod need to be different than what the broken rod(s) were due to a different Velocity Factor of SS?
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Close to the same. Thats the rout I was going. But needed a second opinion. Thanks cranking the hazer up and down testing was getting to an old man. Upper 90s here. Cheers 297 The red dog north Alabama.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Maybe. I wasn’t impressed with just clamping the shield wire to the boom with a hose clamp. I built a l bracket with so239 female hubs. I posted a picture on the recent gallery’s.
  • @ Jim5570091:
    Well I cut the matching stubs down 1 inch at a time from about 20” down to 6”. Still no real changes.