• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Having problems while mobile

• Thread starter 891 ONTARIO CANADA
  • Start date

891 ONTARIO CANADA

The last time we had the CB in my truck we had some funky things going on with the gauges while transmitting. When I was keying up the RPM gauge starting swinging back and forth as we spoke. This only happening when I had the ignition in Aux. I know I could turn the truck off but then I run into the problem of draining my battery. It was also a very cold night.

We were set up with a TRC485 and a 102" with 3 mag mount. The cable is RG58AU with PL259 connectors and using a standard stud mount. The truck is a 2002 Toyota Rav 4.

I love going mobile but I don't want to blow up my truck. Any suggestions?

wav.gif

posticon62.gif

</p>

The last time we had the CB in my truck we had some funky things going on with the gauges while transmitting. When I was keying up the RPM gauge starting swinging back and forth as we spoke. This only happening when I had the ignition in Aux. I know I could turn the truck off but then I run into the problem of draining my battery. It was also a very cold night.

We were set up with a TRC485 and a 102" with 3 mag mount. The cable is RG58AU with PL259 connectors and using a standard stud mount. The truck is a 2002 Toyota Rav 4.

I love going mobile but I don't want to blow up my truck. Any suggestions?

wav.gif

posticon62.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.