• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Help Identifying this amp board. (Lil Brute Force)

doffo

Oct 14, 2012
Hello,

This amp was something that came out of a stack of radios I picked up back in 2017. I ended up removing it as the radio it came out of I just returned to stock. (I forgot which radio it was even put in.) I of course can't find the pictures I took of the board before desoldering stuff, and now I am left clueless as to how to connect it back. Oops!

By the pictures, there is an area near the relay where I believe both the input and output of the amp to solder to. I just cant tell which one was the input side. I marked one trace with a marker back when, and of course not sure if I did that for the input or output. :/

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated and if its even able to be ran on SSB or not.

Thank you all and hope the summer is going well for everyone.

lil brute force amp 1.jpg
lil brute force amp 2.jpg
lil brute force amp 3.jpg
lil brute force amp 4.jpg

Do a google search for sd1446 stinger board, should give you plenty of information. Typically they would take the place of the speaker in the radio when installed.

Reactions: doffo
Do a google search for sd1446 stinger board, should give you plenty of information. Typically they would take the place of the speaker in the radio when installed.
Appreciate it. Now to try and see which part was where the two cables came in for input/output. I am starting to think where I marked it along the trace was the output. I will double check sometime.

The solder pad marked with the black line is the antenna socket center conductor.

Very much appreciated. I apologize for the very late reply. The family and I were in Nevada for the summer, and it went by really really fast. We made it safely back to Kansas this AM at 1. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.