• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

High quality knock of Toshiba 2sc2879?

Enterprise312ok

Jun 12, 2022
A while back tx star got busted by Bbi using fake Toshiba 2879 transistors, Lesters custom also offers the Chinese Toshibas as an upgrade.

What do we know about the source of these parts and what about the performance?

Reactions: Eldorado828

A while back tx star got busted by Bbi using fake Toshiba 2879 transistors, Lesters custom also offers the Chinese Toshibas as an upgrade.

What do we know about the source of these parts and what about the performance?

I remember that. Those fake Toshibas were actually not too bad according to most sources that have played with them.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
Yes, but it was a specific batch of fake Toshiba 2879's........
They had a manufacturer code stamped on them of " 6J " .......
Don't know where they came from......
In my experience with them, they were more robust, performed better, and internally constructed much better than the HG transistors...... very close in internal construction to original Toshiba's.......

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m