• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

I need an IF tuning coil ECIFT12002

Lkaskel

Aug 4, 2017
Hi Gang,
On the bench is a Texas Ranger TR696F base with VERY poor receive. I knew I was in for a challenge as many case screws were missing. As a side note, I am using the DX 959 non-mosfet service manual for this one. I started with a basic alignment and as we all would expect the PLL alignment was way out. No big deal. It aligned fine. Then to the weak/dead receive. I had to push a ton of signal into it to get the slightest signal. I started with the receive alignment. Step 1 was to adjust L2 and L3. L2 began to increase the signal then.....the L3 slug was cracked. No suprise as the alignment was so far out that it was obvious the golden screwdriver had been in it. I played with the slug a little and the signal jumped a bunch. I cannot get it to stabilize so I need to replace this coil. Does anyone have an idea of where I could source one?

L2-L3 T12002.png

It's a cup core slug, wrapped around the coil, not inside it like the higher-frequency inductors. Barkett doesn't have it, so a junked radio may be your only realistic hope. If the internal characteristics and specs were available, substitution might be viable. Alas, they don't tell you squat about what's inside of these. Removing this kind of tuning slug has never gone well for me. If you find a coil with a good slug, replace the whole transformer. Don't try to disassemble a good one.

I just PM'd you. I was so excited, I have a Cobra CAM 89 parts radio. I was sure it would have an exact replacement for your T7 but it does not.... Darn!!
Regarding the part for Enterprise312ok... If anyone has a Cobra parts radio models 85, 132 (non XLR) or 139 (non XLR) those radios have he same part# he needs.

The part is an RF Transformer L1784. Dynascan part number 066-015-9-008

Reactions: walterjn and NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.