• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

installed new S-9

Y

yogibear39

I have replaced my old General Lee, with a S-9 . Now what do i have to do to get my Xforce XT- 400 going. I have turn the PWR all the way to the left turn mic gain down. But the amp shuts off when i key up on it. Also turn everthing down & turn on the Top Gun same thing amp shuts off. I have a pyrmid 100 breaker installed by the battery. Going to replace it with 150a fuse. Think i'm over driveing the amp, is there another way to turn the power down ?

</p>

I have replaced my old General Lee, with a S-9 . Now what do i have to do to get my Xforce XT- 400 going. I have turn the PWR all the way to the left turn mic gain down. But the amp shuts off when i key up on it. Also turn everthing down & turn on the Top Gun same thing amp shuts off. I have a pyrmid 100 breaker installed by the battery. Going to replace it with 150a fuse. Think i'm over driveing the amp, is there another way to turn the power down ?

</p>

Take the var on the amp and turn it all the way up...Not down...That will fix that problem...
Run the "Top Gun Modulator" ...
Turn your mic gain on the radio all the way up ...
Then set the power mic about 1/4 to 1/2 way up....
And you are set to go !!!!
Let me know if this helps???

AM POWER

:shock:

You may not have enough dead key to shut the relay. Bring the dead key up with the variable on the radio until your dead key out of the amp is 1/4 of the PEP rating of the amp. :roll:

s-9

The dead key on radio only should be somewhere between 1.5 to 3 watts, around 2 watts give or take. Like stated previously, the dead key with amp on should be around 250 watts give or take. Yes, you always want to run your amp with amp variable knob wide open. You need enough watts to drive your amp but not too much - there's a happy medium. Make sure you have plenty of juice (alternator, batteries, etc.)to run that xt400, it'll draw right around 100amps. Don't try keying the amp and talking without the engine rpm's reved up . What ga. wire are you running from amp to batt? Make sure everything - radio, amp, antenna mount are all grounded to frame.

LoneWolf TN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.