• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

KM3KM Mercury Amplifiers

Ranch55

Jan 18, 2016
Fredericksburg, Texas
The Mercury amplifiers , Mercury llls & Mercury LUX, have been upgraded with a new LDMOS.....
Lower drive for the same or more output.
With my new LUX, I have to keep the drive level to no more than 10 ~12 watts to keep from over driving the amplifier over FLL......
The latest Mercury amplifiers are simply wonderful.....
The newest LUX is a real beast......
I operate them on 80m, 40m, 20m, and 10m .........

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Looks amazing but holy crap on a cracker, $4300. Maybe at some point a 500-1000 watt version can be made for under a grand.
This is Not a CB amplifier..... And cannot be modified to operate on CB band......
I'm talking amateur (Ham) radio equipment / amplifiers.....
You'll never get a quality new solid state HF LDMOS amplifier for under $1,000....
But they do have in development, a smaller 500 watts or so amplifier to be released after the first of the year......But it won't be under a grand.....
The Mercury amps are manufactured right here in the U.S.A. ..... NOT China....

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m