• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Looking for ac plug pinout on Lafayette Comstat 23 Mark VI

The Comstat 23, 25A, 25B, 35, HB400/25A, GTX2300, GTX5000 all take the same 8-pin octal AC cord.

Short pins 4 an 5 pins together. AC Leads go to pins 2 and 3.

Caution: Make sure the AC cord is not plugged in while you're plugging in the octal socket. While you're rotating the octal socket to engage the key, the long pins are liable to hit wrong connections. Many of these radios had major burn out damage because of this.

Fantastic! Thanks - Woody

I thought the Comstat 19, 23 mark V and 23 mark VI were the same and the others were wired differently??? Maybe I was wrong.
I was wrong. I just looked at the schematic in Sam's 47 and the Mark VI is different than the others! Give me a few minutes and I'll scan that connector.

I just made a plug for myself but when I turn on the radio it screeches instead of static would anyone happen to know the cause and how to fix it?

I just made a plug for myself but when I turn on the radio it screeches instead of static would anyone happen to know the cause and how to fix it?

that could be the mic being wired incorrectly.
try unplugging the mic and turn the radio on.
if the squeal goes away, it's the mic.
LC

Reactions: Woody-202

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.