• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Magnum 257 modulation mod

octavio

Feb 28, 2008
Hi all there, I did a mod to my Magnum 257 that it seems to work fine but I don't know if I did it the right way, I turn up the VR4 pot for AM modulation and the VR9 pot for SSB modulation but I didn't check how was positioned the variable power control knob when I did that, I believe that it was at the middle.
Do you know guys if this knob has to be a determinated position?
Do you know if there is any other mod for tx or rx?
Excuse me for my bad english.

Thanks in advance.
Octavio Zamudio.

Hi all there, I did a mod to my Magnum 257 that it seems to work fine but I don't know if I did it the right way, I turn up the VR4 pot for AM modulation and the VR9 pot for SSB modulation but I didn't check how was positioned the variable power control knob when I did that, I believe that it was at the middle.
Do you know guys if this knob has to be a determinated position?
Do you know if there is any other mod for tx or rx?
Excuse me for my bad english.

Thanks in advance.
Octavio Zamudio.
yes power variable knob should be at 100%
mike gain at 100%
anotrher thing for audio is on the stock mike theres a adjustment ibn there
as well.dont over due it though modulation garbles up.at least it did on my omegaforce
is yours the new 50 watt version?
what kinda output ya seeing with mic gain/power at 100%

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m