• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Mic Problems

A

Adenfan48

I have a HighGear power mic. Tonight when i was driving around i was trying to talk to a trucker. He said i had a really bad squeal. He said it sounded like i swollowed a wistle. Whats the problem? I have the power on the back set at 3.

Cobra 29 LTD classic tuned

I Max 99

& Snowcap Amp built by Radio Doctor!

Cobra 29

Cherokee Niterider 150

Pro Scanner 2030

Realistic Navaho 458

snowcap_new_2.jpg
</p>

I have a HighGear power mic. Tonight when i was driving around i was trying to talk to a trucker. He said i had a really bad squeal. He said it sounded like i swollowed a wistle. Whats the problem? I have the power on the back set at 3.

I Max 99

Cobra 29

Cherokee Niterider 150

Pro Scanner 2030

Realistic Navaho 458

snowcap_new_2.jpg
</p>

AdenFan,

Sometimes that happens if a wire came un-soldered in the connector and is touching something. Also I have heard a squeal if the srw's skyrocketed sometimes when the coax was lose.

sonwatchersig.gif
</p>

AdenFan,

Sometimes that happens if a wire came un-soldered in the connector and is touching something. Also I have heard a squeal if the srw's skyrocketed sometimes when the coax was lose.

sonwatchersig.gif
</p>

The stock mic i had that came with the radio also had a soldering problem with it. Thats the only reason i bought the power mic. I moved the antenna today i might not have tightend all the wires up. Ill look into it more! Thanks

I Max 99

Cobra 29

Cherokee Niterider 150

Pro Scanner 2030

Realistic Navaho 458

snowcap_new_2.jpg
</p>

The stock mic i had that came with the radio also had a soldering problem with it. Thats the only reason i bought the power mic. I moved the antenna today i might not have tightend all the wires up. Ill look into it more! Thanks

I Max 99

Cobra 29

Cherokee Niterider 150

Pro Scanner 2030

Realistic Navaho 458

snowcap_new_2.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    those boys in Louisiana going to be hard to live with...working those HI stations...my buddy Greg KK5SW/4 elements @35ft/350 watts...2 HI contacts today!!!! Arnold KE5JXC snagged one also!!!
    +1
  • @ Mark Malcomb:
    Hello BJ. Been a long time since I've been on. You doing well? Mark Malcomb
  • @ Naysayer:
    I’m