• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Ham operations banned?

My employer pulled that nonsense some years back. No more two way radios in company vehicles. I was hauling liquid oxygen daily and had to stop at all railroad crossings. On one daily road in particular, the CB was an important tool to let the other trucks know what was about to happen in front of them as I started slowing down about 1/8 mile before reaching the tracks on a downhill stretch. Just get in the right lane, throw on 4 way hazard lights, and pray no one rear ends me. I always made a quick announcement on ch 19 before stopping. Then, "the powers that be" at the home office say radios are a safety concern. What the what is wrong with these people?

On edit: I just realized this thread was regarding amateur communications. That was an oversight, yet being a licensed amateur for the last 36 years- these rulings affect all radio communications including CB.

Last edited:
and since this came out we got a terrible person set up to replace biden that wants to ban anything we do. seems somebody in dc says they pass gas in public and its nad. that person says when im in control no more gas passing

and since this came out we got a terrible person set up to replace biden that wants to ban anything we do. seems somebody in dc says they pass gas in public and its nad. that person says when im in control no more gas passing
Seems to me that No One in Washington follows the values I grew up believing in.
The Rich always take advantage of the poor common person and sing a tune of BS and some are just stupid enough to believe them. Like they say The Rich get Richer !

At us
Seems to me that No One in Washington follows the values I grew up believing in.
The Rich always take advantage of the poor common person and sing a tune of BS and some are just stupid enough to believe them. Like they say The Rich get Richer !
poor ppls expense.
They follow the lead sheep over the cliff

Reactions: whiteastro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Bandit1:
    Hey guys I been out a while
  • @ Naysayer:
    ARRL paid ransom for their files back from s hack attack? Todays Amateur thread Reddit
  • @ Naysayer:
    In middle of an antenna job. Misplaced paperwork on purchased balun. It's a 1:1 current balun for a dipole that I disconnected a while ago. I purchased the balun from Canadian company where one input connection has a Red Dot. That for the center of coax, right?