• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

mrf 477's

bob85

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2005
england
it looks like i just used the last of the 477's in the uk, the shop i get them from was down to his last 3, he sold me one and said he is not getting any more and keeping the last 2 for his own use, nobody seems to be stocking them here anymore and rf parts will only sell one per customer, is there an alternative device available that does not need any circuit mods to use them?, we have been paying £35 to £37 ( $66 to $70 ) plus shipping for 477's over the last 10 years or so which imho is a sick joke on us uk guys, the shops here seem to look at the us prices then double it and add a bit extra for good measure, if they cant get away with this they just wont bother stocking them, even the 455's doubled in price about the same time as the lincolns and jacko's started using them, theres got to be a cheap alternative to us getting robbed, almost half the lincoln/jackson radios over here have had 1969's bodged in there just to sell them to the next unsuspecting fool that comes along.

Substitution

I think that the 2290 and the 477 have the same electrical figures but are in a different case.

You know, if there is anybody with an incentive to answer that question, it would be a factory. Somebody who needs thousands of the part, let alone one or two.

Uniden used the 2SC2290 in the last production runs of the "President Lincoln" version of that radio. Had to do something when Motorola dropped the MRF455.

If that's the best that Uniden can do, you gotta figure they would have jumped on ANYTHING that looked more cost-effective.

Trouble is, you have to remove the heat sink from the chassis, drill and tap two #4-40 holes (or equivalent metric) to mount it.

Word is that the '2290 is to be dropped by Toshiba, too.

No good answers to that one. None. Only 'bad' and 'marginally bad' answers, that I know.

nomad thats very interesting, are you sure that the latest lincolns have the 2290 in them i have not seen one yet just the mrf455's, i can get 2290's i would like to see a factory radio to see what else they changed and copy the small circuit board it sits on, i would even put one in my old emperor shogun.

i thought that some one had a circuit board to mount the 455 on, but i can't seem to find that anymore. i've never heard of the 2290 going into that series of radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.