• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Mysterious IC HELP!!!

I have a problem identifying an IC. It is 16 pin DIP.

It's in a really old 1988 model "doorbell" noise toy in an old Connex 3300. It sounds really cool. (my opinion only please spare me the lecture)

On top it says:

J1000

CDI 2209

8532 2CE

on bottom it says CD09

2C

PHIL

I cannot find a cross reference for this part or the original manufacturer to save my life. Any ideas? I have absolutely ZERO idea what it is. Op Amp? Quad comparator? some other name that could belong in a space-craft? I am clueless about this one. Is there some way to test it with my scope and figure out @#%$ it is?

thanks

</p>

I have a problem identifying an IC. It is 16 pin DIP.

It's in a really old 1988 model "doorbell" noise toy in an old Connex 3300. It sounds really cool. (my opinion only please spare me the lecture)

On top it says:

J1000

CDI 2209

8532 2CE

on bottom it says CD09

2C

PHIL

I cannot find a cross reference for this part or the original manufacturer to save my life. Any ideas? I have absolutely ZERO idea what it is. Op Amp? Quad comparator? some other name that could belong in a space-craft? I am clueless about this one. Is there some way to test it with my scope and figure out @#%$ it is?

thanks

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.