• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

New Anytone 6666

DCC

Sep 10, 2024
I just got an Anytone 6666 and what to put it in my car (2013 ford escape). Can I use the powerpoint to plug it in or hook directly to the battery? The powerpoint is on a 20A circuit.

A 20A circuit will be plenty. Of course, it’s always preferable to go to the battery direct to limit the length of the run for max voltage and to limit noise pickup.

If the socket is rated for 20A, it will have 12 AWG wires. If not, then Ford is asking for a lawsuit when someone burns up their car. A good way to tell for sure is by looking up the amperage rating for the fuse in the aux socket circuit. 20A or higher and you're good to go.

FWIW, my 6666 pro hits 12A on peaks on SSB at the full 100W output and 10A full output on FM.

For a permanent installation, running wires direct to the battery is always the best way for lots of reasons regardless of what the socket says it'll handle. For a temporary installation though, you'll be fine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.