• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New President Jerry fcc handheld

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
Maybe this is old news to some but I just found out about it. Maybe the coming of the Washington has kind of overshadowed thos little guy.

It's kind of redundant really. Slightly less function options with different hardware accessories at a lesser cost.

Bring us an ssb model!
20240630_114842.jpg

Reactions: Pez and whiteastro

I saw that a while back, I guess they needed something to compete in a lower price category? I never gave it a second look once I saw that it didn't have SSB. Unfortunately the 11m handheld radios with short antennas don't do that good. GMRS beats it when It comes to short antennas. Now put an 11m handheld on a base station antenna and it will out talk GMRS all day long. It all just depends on who you need to talk to and how far.

I saw that a while back, I guess they needed something to compete in a lower price category? I never gave it a second look once I saw that it didn't have SSB. Unfortunately the 11m handheld radios with short antennas don't do that good. GMRS beats it when It comes to short antennas. Now put an 11m handheld on a base station antenna and it will out talk GMRS all day long. It all just depends on who you need to talk to and how far.
I snooped around out of curiosity and the the price at Walcott Radio is $130 bucks but like you said no SSB the antenna connection doesn't appear to be a BNC connector so a President specific add on antenna unless someone finds hidden info I'm not aware of. Only appears the battery can only be charged from a cigarette lighter outlet. President Radio flooding the market with more of the same old POO ! LOL

I snooped around out of curiosity and the the price at Walcott Radio is $130 bucks but like you said no SSB the antenna connection doesn't appear to be a BNC connector so a President specific add on antenna unless someone finds hidden info I'm not aware of. Only appears the battery can only be charged from a cigarette lighter outlet. President Radio flooding the market with more of the same old POO ! LOL
A brand new turd! We should all buy one. :ROFLMAO:
Even if it works decently, I honestly don't understand what market they're targeting.

A brand new turd! We should all buy one. :ROFLMAO:
Even if it works decently, I honestly don't understand what market they're targeting.
I've got the first handheld randy the one before the more recent fm version. It's a neat little radio but more of a novelty than anything. As @Shadetree Mechanic stated, it's pretty anemic with the little stubby so I just keep it around for the weatherband.

If they would hear us and release an ssb version would be great, this scaled down Jerry might be a flop imo

If they would hear us and release an ssb version would be great, this scaled down Jerry might be a flop imo
Maybe I'll sneak them a email and tell them they better listen to the market but I doubt that will do any good because they are ( Engineered To Be The Very Best )

LOL But I will say they are trying but just a little Ms-Guilded.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ flying turtle herder:
    Hello out there. F15 crustyrudder here with a tech question: im working on a BK1040 svcmstr. im trying to find the value of R98. ive downloaded scrams and not even found the R98. if someone could help me with this issue id appreciate it.
  • @ LinCB:
    New to the hobby here. Just hoping to fall into a new rabbit hole. Hi.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST (y)
  • dxBot:
    deathstalker has left the room.