• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Noise Chopper

S

slim cdx285

Nomad,you are so right!!!! I tried one of those "choppers"

years ago and all it did was cut the receive down along with

the noise.255 all the chopper is,is an "attenuator".

Save your money for something else.

Have you tried multiple grounds outside the house?

Sometimes this can help too.Good luck.

Slim CDX285

slimsig.gif
</p>

Nomad,you are so right!!!! I tried one of those "choppers"

years ago and all it did was cut the receive down along with

the noise.255 all the chopper is,is an "attenuator".

Save your money for something else.

Have you tried multiple grounds outside the house?

Sometimes this can help too.Good luck.

Slim CDX285

slimsig.gif
</p>

it seems to me that the "noise choppers" are going to be along the line of a cheap preamp...snake oil

I'd be willing to bet the noise chopper does exactly like stated above, just simply "cuts" the overall noise level, just like a cheap preamp will simply boost ALL signal, this will cut ALL signal by a fraction...

Good luck!

bcrewcaptainsig1.jpg
</p>

it seems to me that the "noise choppers" are going to be along the line of a cheap preamp...snake oil

I'd be willing to bet the noise chopper does exactly like stated above, just simply "cuts" the overall noise level, just like a cheap preamp will simply boost ALL signal, this will cut ALL signal by a fraction...

Good luck!

bcrewcaptainsig1.jpg
</p>

Just trying to get some input on these noise choppers ,I have a president zachery base that only has a anl switch and not a noise blanker switch,will this help cut down on the 5 pounds of static the radio gets all the time? or is there something else I should do or get ? thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

</p>

Just trying to get some input on these noise choppers ,I have a president zachery base that only has a anl switch and not a noise blanker switch,will this help cut down on the 5 pounds of static the radio gets all the time? or is there something else I should do or get ? thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

</p>

You said your antenna is grounded. I assume you have a ground wire and a ground rod.

Try pouring water or a Salt water solution on the ground rod, See if this removes the Noise. If so you probably need a better ground system or need to move the ground rod to better soil.

I hope this helps,

Roger

</p>

You said your antenna is grounded. I assume you have a ground wire and a ground rod.

Try pouring water or a Salt water solution on the ground rod, See if this removes the Noise. If so you probably need a better ground system or need to move the ground rod to better soil.

I hope this helps,

Roger

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.