• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Click here to find out how to win free radios from Retevis!

Noisy tx - Cobra 2000gtl

G

GarageNET

I've been in this cobra for a few days now, and need some opinions...

The tx seems to have rf getting into the audio. I have checked EVERYTHING, and narrowed it down to the frequency/clock display. If I unplug the the display from the counter, or just the power to the counter the noise goes away, and the tx audio is nice and clean. Of course I have checked the obvious -solder joints, jumper wires, etc, But I can't narrow it down any further than the digital display (but I am absolutely sure that's where it's coming from.)

The radio has been butchered by some other tech down the line, so I had to spend a lot of time redoing failed channel mods, a sloppy variable power, and a few nasty rat's nests of wires.

Ever seen this before? Any ideas?

~Vince

</p>

I've been in this cobra for a few days now, and need some opinions...

The tx seems to have rf getting into the audio. I have checked EVERYTHING, and narrowed it down to the frequency/clock display. If I unplug the the display from the counter, or just the power to the counter the noise goes away, and the tx audio is nice and clean. Of course I have checked the obvious -solder joints, jumper wires, etc, But I can't narrow it down any further than the digital display (but I am absolutely sure that's where it's coming from.)

The radio has been butchered by some other tech down the line, so I had to spend a lot of time redoing failed channel mods, a sloppy variable power, and a few nasty rat's nests of wires.

Ever seen this before? Any ideas?

~Vince

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.